Derrick, you are SEVEN months old today!
- You weigh 13 lbs 1 oz (zero percentile) and are 25 inches long (15th percentile).
- You wear 3-6 month clothes, size 1 shoe, and a size 2 diaper.
- You usually sleep for about 13 hours each night, and have been for the past month and a half or so.
- You have given up your binky and get mad if we try to give it to you. The only way you'll take it is if you pick it up yourself, and then you only chew on it.
- You took your first ambulance ride. (Not that this is something we're excited about, but it needs to be written in your history...and it scared us to death!!)
- You will reach to get anything!
- You still love the dogs. They're the only ones who can make you happy all the time.
- You've been given the "ok" for table food, and you LOVE it! You want anything we're eating. You ate real peach cobbler tonight and loved it!
- You eat baby food three times a day now. All of a sudden you've figured out how to eat it without pushing it all back out of your mouth with your tongue.
- You LOVE music. When we're in the car, sometimes you get mad if we turn the radio down. When we turn it back up, you're happy.
- You LOVE to dance. You dance almost any time you hear music.
- You've learned to clap, and will do it sometimes when we ask you to, but usually only when you want to. If we clap with you, you stop. You don't want anyone stealing the spotlight. :)
- You've started waving. Your first wave was to a girl in the make-up store when we were in Charleston. She was waving to you, and you just waved back. All of those times we tried to get you to wave, and you choose some random girl. Flirt!
- You've really started to be interested in your limbs.
- You are INSANELY active. You move ANYTIME you are awake. (And we wonder why you can't gain weight?!) We are in T-R-O-U-B-L-E when you start crawling or walking.
- We think you'll be left-handed. (Seriously, if you are, I think that's the only thing you'll actually get from me.)
- Your favorite toys are hangers, paper, and cell phones. (All of those expensive toys that take up a ton of room...you don't like them. :) )
- You say "ba, da, ma, na, and ga."
- You especially like to yell "ba!"
- You're a mama's boy! (Shhh...but I love it! :) )
The cute sign is now gone...it makes picture taking impossible.
It seems like you learn something new every day. We LOVE watching you learn and figure things out. You're SO funny!! We literally sit around for hours and laugh at the things you do. Just when we think it isn't possible that we could love you any more than we already do, we wake up, and we love you more! It's just unreal. You are a great little man!
We love you sweet cheeks!!
We love you sweet cheeks!!