- You've gained weight despite the fat-free diet. You actually doubled your birth weight (finally) this month! You weigh 14 lbs, 6 oz and are 26 3/4 inches long. You wear a size 2 diaper, size 2 shoes, and I'm getting your 6-9 month clothes out of the attic tomorrow!
- You try to stand by pushing/pulling up on anything and everything. You've made it all the way up a few times, and you've been able to stand on your own for a few seconds.
- You're very proud of yourself.
- You LOVE to dance!
- You've gotten much better at shopping. Especially when you're getting something. :)
- You thoroughly enjoy dropping things on the floor. You also like to throw things behind your head. You'll turn around to get them, then do it again. For some reason the behind the head thing is lots of fun.
- You LOVE balloons! You had a fit in the grocery store when they had them everywhere for Valentine's Day. They were all over the store and you kept reaching up saying "oon." Of course I gave in. :)
- You learned to drink from a straw, and we finally found the perfect sippy cup for you. It has a built in straw and it's soft so you don't scrape the roof of your mouth. You'll hold it and everything. You're actually quite the drinker!
- You can sign "more." You being able to do this has really cut down on the whining for things, which is great. Really, I think you just mean "I want that," but that's ok. You sign "more" often. It's not exactly right...yours is more of a slow, very deliberate clap, but it's really close and we know what you mean. It's quite cute if you ask me. :)
- You moved to your big boy car seat, and you love it! You smile when we open the door to get you out.
- You've added "oon" (balloon) and "dog" to your vocabulary.
- You played in the snow for the first time (and probably the last time for a really long time).
- Huge news....You're CRAWLING!!
- And my absolute favorite new thing you do...you give KISSES! You really like kissing your books (especially the teacher in Brown Bear, Brown Bear) and your reflection in the refrigerator, but you will give us kisses. After you kiss us you always smile. It's absolutely adorable!! We both LOVE your sweet, wet, open-mouthed kisses!
It has been an incredible blessing to be able to watch you learn and grow, Sweet Cheeks. As I write this, it brings tears to my eyes thinking about how strong you are. Only one short month ago you had just finished your second heart surgery, and today you're crawling...kissing...EATING! You are an inspiration to your daddy and me, and to many others. God has given us our very own miracle to hug and love every day, and we are so very thankful. Not a day goes by that we don't thank him for you and all you have taught us, and the joy you bring to our lives.
We love you Cheeks...to the moon and back!
Mommy and Daddy