- You are wearing size 6-9 month clothes, size 2 shoes, and size 3 diapers. You weigh right at 15 pounds, and you are the definition of energy!
- You're officially off of the fat-free diet and loving it. You are drinking whole milk now and seem to like it pretty well (but your tummy doesn't). You don't drink much more of that than you did of the yucky Portagen. You just don't seem to like the bottle that much, but you refuse your milk in a cup...hmmm.
- You are ALL OVER THE PLACE! There's no resting or looking away even for a second around here. You're quick and curious, and you can make a mess in two seconds flat!
- EVERYTHING goes in your mouth. I can't keep the floors clean enough. Somehow you find things neither of us would ever see...balls of lint, tiny pieces of paper, lady bugs! And to think just a few short months ago you didn't like things in your mouth. Ha! Not anymore!
- We cannot turn our heads for one second. I'm so thankful we have wood floors.
- You have started eating some meats. They're not your favorite, but you'll tolerate them. You like spaghetti pretty well, but if there's too much meat in your mouth, somehow you can keep the rest of the spaghetti in there and spit out clean meat.
- You've really been trying to talk. You now say bear ("beah"), bottle (("bobble") This one I'm not sure how you learned, because we say "milk" not "bottle." Anytime we ask you if you want milk you say, "bobble" or "Baa-aa"), juice ("duice"), and some ("dome"). You seem like you're trying to say so much more. There are a few "words" you say often, but we can't figure out what you're talking about. You look at us like, "Why don't you people get it?!"
- You love riding in your car. You were scared of it for a while, but you're a pretty big fan now.
- Your favorite food is peaches and you love to guzzle down apple juice.
- You hate having your diaper changed. Hate it. You make it incredibly difficult by rolling around kicking your legs, which you sometimes think is funny.
- You know what "no" means. Sometimes you listen, sometimes you look at us and continue with whatever you were doing, and sometimes you just simply ignore us. Already.
- You love harassing the dogs, and lately, you love acting like them.
- Your favorite activity right now is going over to the stereo and turning up the volume. You still love loud music and will stand there and dance. You will play over there as long as we will let you.
- You've decided that you're not the biggest fan of riding in the car anymore. Short trips are ok but you let us know you're not happy after about 15 minutes. Nighttime is horrible. You absolutely hate being in the dark and you are not afraid to let us know it! We even bought a tv for you for our trip to TN a few weeks ago. It was no help. I'm sure eventually it will be helpful (although it will only be in the car for long trips). There won't be any tv watching on short trips, so I hope you don't start liking it too much!
- You fake laugh. You laugh like you're in the conversation that's going on around you, or sometimes you act like you're having a hilarious conversation with someone we can't see. It cracks us up! (Your daddy is on the phone right now, and he just laughed. You looked at him and started "laughing" and being silly; making sure he was watching you. Poor guy, you must not get any attention!)
- You fake smile too. It usually looks like you're in pain, and you do it often, but we're sure it's a "smile." It really makes taking pictures of you difficult.
- You started going to Sunday School. One of us was with you for the first three Sundays, but last week we left you in there by yourself. You did ok, but Ranna had to hold you the whole time.
- We've also started going to MOPS. We've only been once so far, and that day you sat with me for a little while, then went to childcare. You cried a good bit, but you ended up being ok. I'll take you at the beginning this week. I'm pretty sure this is harder on me than it is on you....at least I hope so.
- You are so close to walking. You can stand on your own for about 20 seconds, then you sit down. You practice all the time! You are such a determined little guy.
We love you Sweet Cheeks, and we're so proud of you!!
Mommy and Daddy