Once again, somehow, it's the 20th of the month. And once again I can't believe that you're growing up so quickly! You are a ball of fire. You're silly, funny, and full of energy. You love attention and seem to get plenty of it everywhere we go. Since you've become such a good walker it's definitely gotten more difficult to keep up with you! You're into everything....
- You still weigh about 16 1/2 pounds. You can wear some 9-12 month clothes (but 6-9 month shorts fit much better) and you're almost out of your size 2 shoes.
- You've started waving again!
- You say "voom, voom" when you play with your cars. The ladies in the nursery at church think it's so funny that you do that.
- Your favorite place to be is outside. You absolutely love it, especially if you get to play in the water. Unfortunately it's been about 100 degrees everyday for the past month so we haven't been spending a ton of time outside. But when we are outside, you're a happy man!
- You fake laugh. Anytime someone is laughing, you laugh too...wrinkling up your little nose. It's so, so funny! You'll even do a little high-pitched squeal after it to add to the adorableness.
- If you can't be outside, you'll settle for looking out the window or the front door. If I loose sight of you for a minute I can usually find you at the front door. (Yes, I keep it locked.)
- You LOVE bath time! You make an incredible mess all over the bathroom floor with the water. We're working on "little splashes" but you don't seem to like those too much.
- You are such a cuddly little boy. You love all of your "bears" and kiss and hug them all of the time. You especially love this huge dog-bear that Daddy picked out for you.
- You've learned to eat with a fork. When your fork is empty you hand it to us for more. You try to refill it yourself but your food seems pretty slippery. :)
- You love shoes. You try to put our shoes on but haven't quite figured out how yet. You have a pair of flip flops that Nana gave you that you carry around all day long. They're way too big, but you love for us to put them on you anyway. You'll bring them to us and lift your little foot up for us to help you.
- One of your favorite things to do with your new-found walking freedom is pushing around your grocery cart. You push that thing all over the place and say "cah, cah (car)." It's really adorable.
- You are pretty good at following directions. You will help pick up toys (sometimes) and you'll usually go get something or do something when we ask you to.
- You talk a lot. Some of it we understand, some of it we don't, but you talk up a storm anyway! I sure wish I knew what you were saying sometimes.
- You love to swim!
- When you want us to turn on the radio, you will come up to us and start dancing (your signature arm move). Dancing is still one of your favorite things to do. You are learning new moves everyday (although I'm not sure from whom) and it is hilarious to watch you.
- You will ride in anything that will go...and you LOVE to ride!
- Within the last few days you've started fighting sleep. You used to be happy and content when we put you in your bed for nap time or bedtime. Lately you cry as soon as we put you down. The thing that makes it worse is now you'll cry and say "mama" or "dada." It's so hard to hear you do that, so I really need you to stop it right now!
- You are such a kisser. Sometimes you get into kissy moods and will give about twenty kisses, one right after the other. You're such a sweet boy. You'll usually give good-bye kisses, although you generally won't give us kisses at bedtime. I guess it's your way of punishing us for making you go to bed.
As each month passes, I still have a hard time believing that you are a whole month older! You need to slow down big guy...before I know it I'm going to be helping you pack to go to college...and you know I'm entirely too emotional to be able to handle that!
We love you more than you'll ever know, Cheeks! We're so proud of you and so blessed to be your mommy and daddy.
and... Happy Father's Day!!
I always knew that Justin would be a great daddy.
He is an even better daddy than I ever could have ever imagined and Derrick and I are so very blessed to have him to love us!!
Father's Day 2009
Father's Day 2010
(With an uncooperative little guy!)
Happy Father's Day Dad, Jimbo, and Justin!
Y'all are the BEST and we LOVE you!!